I know my November Favorites video may have gotten lost in the insanity that is known in America as Black Friday, so I thought I’d do a blog post featuring my favorites from this month as well. If you missed the video or want to see the products up close in personal, click —> HERE.
There weren’t a lot of favorites in this category. I have recently either bought or been sent so many new products that it was hard to settle on true favorites, but these stood out:
- Ciate London x Olivia Palermo Smokey Suedes Palette I have a few go-to looks using this palette, which I’ll show in an upcoming video on Wednesday. This is one of those rare palettes that I have and will use EVERY single color in the palette. The shadows are buttery soft, the pigmentation is outstanding, and the packaging is pretty. Definitely a favorite!
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Palette If you are obsessed with highlighters, this is your holy grail. The texture of all three shades is so creamy you’d think they’re cream highlighters instead of powder, and again, I use all three shades in this palette. The lightest is great for cheekbones and inner corners of the eye, the middle shade for the same, and the copper shade makes a beautiful blush. Sadly, it has disappeared from the Sephora website, but hopefully it will come back.
- Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Foundation-Ivory If you had told me last month that I would put away my beloved Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for this drugstore foundation, I wouldn’t have believed you. But that is exactly what has happened. If you love a glowy finish with great coverage, give this one a try.
- Formula X Alchemy II Nail Polish I am a magpie. I love glittery, sparkly things. This nail polish is no exception. It’s infused with platinum dust for extra sparkle, and it has the most wonderful rose gold metallic finish. Perfect for holiday parties!
- Origins 3 Part Harmony Oil-Infused Serum This smells faintly of oranges, makes my skin even and blemish-free, and when I stop using it, my skin gets mad. I just ordered a backup bottle on Friday.
It is no secret that I love BaubleBar. They are always offering something new and pretty. However, this month they hit it out of the park and I went a little crazy with the ordering. If you’re reading this on December 1st, you can still get 25% off your order of 1 item or 35% off your order of 2+ items. Go crazy!
- BaubleBar Fuzzy Pom Keychain It’s hot pink, it’s soft and it’s a little silly. I had to have it. It adds the perfect splash of color to all my bags, and I love it so much that I ordered another one in black. I have a problem.
- BaubleBar Druzy Cocktail Ring If you’ve watching my vlogs this month, you’ve seen this ring in all of them. I got it in the grey, because I wear grey non-stop all fall and winter. It’s a unique piece and I’m always complimented when wearing it.
- BaubleBar Genevieve Collar This necklace can be worn casually or to dress up an outfit, and the antique gold/clear stones go with just about everything. It’s a great addition to my collection.
- BaubleBar Tundra Studs I’ve paired these with the Genevieve Collar and just about every other antique gold piece I have. These are the earrings I’ve always needed without realizing it. You will be seeing them a lot!
- Elaine Turner Celeste Satchel The great woman herself, Mrs. Elaine Turner, personally gave me this bag at an event in October. I have carried it every day since as a shoulder bag, crook-of-the-arm bag, cross-body and backpack. It’s versatility can’t be beat, and did I mention it’s covered in leopard print? LOVE!
Books and Other Fun Things
Instead of doing a separate video or blog post about what I’ve been reading this month, I thought I’d just add them to my monthly favorites.
- Designated Daughters by Margaret Maron This is part of a series of 20 books that I thought I’d read, but I missed this one, which happens to be #19. The series is set in rural North Carolina and the main character is a woman who’s an attorney (later judge) with a HUGE extended family. It’s a great series-The Deborah Knott mystery series.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (but it’s really J.K. Rowling) This is her first book in a new mystery series she’s writing. Since filming the video I’ve actually started the book and it’s fabulous. I’ve already ordered the 2nd one in the series. The main character is an Afghanistan war veteran who is a private investigator. Give it a read-you’ll love it!
- The Design Megillah This is a blogger/website, not a book, but I had to include it. The blogger, Rita, is the author of one of my favorite Jewish holiday decorating books, and I just found out she blogs now too. For those that are looking for amazing Hanukkah decorations and other great ideas for the Jewish holidays, check her out. I love her interior decorating as well, and that should appeal to everyone!
What were your favorites this month? I’m always eager to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to comment below. And don’t forget to leave book recommendations, too!
SHOP THE POST!